Gout is a form of arthritis that grows in people who have high levels of uric acid in their blood. Uric acid is created by the body when it breaks down purines, commonly found in meats, seafood, alcohol, fructose and yeast. High levels of uric acid causes crystals to form in the joints, which leads to extreme pain and inflammation due to gout symptoms.
Gout symptoms can range from a level of discomfort to extreme pain. One of the first signs of gout is often the unexpected onset of severe pain in either one of the big toes or in the joints. Other signs of gout may appear as indications of gout in the knees and gout symptoms in the ankles, including discoloration, puffiness and pain.
- Sudden onset of severe pain in one of the big toes
- Sudden onset of severe pain in the joints, including the feet, ankles, knees, hips, wrists, hands, fingers and back
- Noticeable discoloration in the joints, deep red or purple color
- Joints that are swollen and stiff
- Joints that are hot to the touch
- A fever of up to 102.2 degrees Fahrenheit, with or without chills
- Joints that are inflamed and tender
- Decreased mobility
- Lingering discomfort from joint pain and inflammation
- Hard lumps or bumps at the joints
Gout Natural Treatments
Diet is a vital part of treating gout naturally. Cutting back on alcohol, meat and other foods that contain high amounts of uric acid can help reduce gout bouts. There are also several foods and supplements that help reduce uric acid in the blood and treat irritation naturally.
Researchers found that cherries may work as a gout natural treatment. Cherries have the ability to reduce inflammation and encourage weight loss. Consume cherries on a regular basis or drink unsweetened cherry juice for gout relief.
2. Celery Seed Extract
Celery seed extract is full of antioxidants that help reduce uric acid in the body. Drinking celery juice during the day can work as a natural gout treatment to help relieve symptoms.